Technical Recommendations on the Implementation of Directive 2000/59/EC on Port Reception Facilities
This document, builds on the Commission's interpretation and on good practice identified in the MS, to provide Technical Recommendations to MS on how best to implement the PRF Directive. It is intended that these Technical Recommendations:
- will contribute towards a more uniform and harmonised application of the PRF Directive;
- will ensure more efficient use of resources during the application and enforcement of the PRF Directive;
- will help MS follow the requirements of the PRF Directive;
- can be used by the MS to develop new, or enhance any existing, guidance that the MS have developed to implement their national legislation; and,
- will be subject to revision in the light of their use and possible amendments to the PRF Directive.